De-stigmatizing a plant for suffering children everywhere


Thursday, April 3, 2014

Cannabidiol (CBD) & Breast Cancer Links





The local media focuses on epilepsy, since that community lead the charge for cannabidiol in Kentucky, but the new law actually does not limit by condition. It merely declassifies cannabidiol from the definition of marijuana and allows doctors affiliated with The University of Kentucky and The University of Louisville to prescribe high CBD products or use them in clinical trials. Even though no product is available yet in Kentucky, it can't hurt to start those conversations with doctors now so that ground is already covered by the time CBD Oil arrives.

Since I am currently being treated for breast cancer, I want to bring all the animal model research on cannabidiol and that condition to my doctor at James Graham Brown Cancer Center. I needed a place to store those links, so I decided to create a post on this blog for them, even though this is an autism and epilepsy website. Later I will add links for other forms of cancer so patients interested in bringing research to their own doctors can print them. At a later date I may make a separate website for CBD and cancer, but right now I'm busy with autism and epilepsy.

Cannabidiol and Breast Cancer Links

Pathways mediating the effects of cannabidiol on the reduction of breast cancer cell proliferation, invasion, and metastasis
Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012 May;133(1):401-4.

Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells.Mol Cancer Ther. 2007 Nov;6(11):2921-7.

PLoS One. 2011;6(9):e23901. d oi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0023901. Epub 2011 Sep 7.
Crosstalk between chemokine receptor CXCR4 and cannabinoid receptor CB2 in modulating breast cancer growth and invasion.

Anti-tumor activity of plant cannabinoids with emphasis on the effect of cannabidiol on human breast carcinomaAmerican Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics

Cannabinoids reduce ErbB2-driven breast cancer progression through Akt inhibitionMolecular Cancer 2010, 9:196

Cannabinoids: a new hope for breast cancer therapy?
Cancer Treat Rev. 2012 Nov;38(7):911-8.

The endogenous cannabinoid anandamide inhibits human breastcancer cell proliferationProc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USAVol. 95, pp. 8375–8380, July 1998

Cannabis Compound May Stop Metastatic Breast Cancer - ABC News


Animal Model Studies on Cannabidiol and Protection From Chemo Side Effects

Cannabidiol Inhibits Paclitaxel Neuropathic Pain Through 5-HT(1A) Receptors Without Diminishing Nervous System Functioning or Chemo Efficacy
British Journal of Pharmacology, February 14, 2014

Cardioprotective Effect of Rats Exposed to Doxorubicin Toxicity
Environmental Toxicology, September 2013

14 comments:

  1. There is no legal problem with high CBD hemp oil. See this:

    http://www.bluebird-botanicals.com/CBD__Oil__FAQ.html

    I have no connection with them in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nigel. That is true. I started taking an already legal high CBD hemp oil (RSHO) to try to reduce side effects from chemo, since there is some animal model dating suggesting it might. I am doing excellent on chemo, hasn't slowed me down nearly as much as I expect. Hard to tell if that is due to my relative youth (43), my basic health nuttery, or the CBD oil. I was completely surprised by the wonderful effect this product has on my brain (improved attention, processing, reduced sound sensitivity). I will never not take it.

    But the reason we need to start conversations with our doctors is because while some people, like me, might do fine on the already legal hemp strains, some might not and would do best on the hemp/cannabis hybrid CBD strains that will now be allowed to be grown in Kentucky for medicinal purposes. Plus, we have plans in the works to bring the costs down by fundraising here, at least for the children. I pay $180 a tube, which lasts me a month, but a person with epilepsy might go through such a tube every three days. So it is about opening options in the Bluegrass State.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Looking to get rewarded for doing what you already do? Head over to mymarijuanafinder.com, find your dispensary and earn reward points to spend on products, mercy and discounts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as CBD is made from the hemp plant, it is 100% legal. I get my CBD from http://www.deltaliquids.com/ and would recommend this to anyone looking towards CBD for help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love vaping my CBD HempMarlboro e liquid from cloud 9 hemp. They are legal in all 50 states.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a well executed post. It is a helpful informative post. Thanks for sharing this great information.Just visit the link to raw cbd oils

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for bringing more information to this topic for me. I’m truly grateful and really impressed.
    cannabidiol

    ReplyDelete
  10. All thanks goes to Dr. Koffi for providing me with cannabis oil here in the United State of America. I was diagnose with skin and prostrate cancer one year, and ever since then i have done a lot of Chemo and Radiation that have not help me, but only damaged my immune system and render me weak and helpless. I came across the cannabis oil and i have read about the oil a lot and saw the Post that Dr. Koffi could provide me with cannabis Oil here is the State for the procurement of this medication, to my surprise the medication was procured and delivered within 3 days and i have been on treatment for the past one months. Am now here to testify that am no longer a cancer patient. I have experience a total transformation in my life with Dr. Koffi cannabis oil service. It worked exactly as the he prescribed it. Thanks to Dr, Koffi for taking away sorrow in my life. For all cancer patients that lives in American region, Asia and Europe at large, go get your cannabis oil by contacting Dr. Koffi @ (Ultimatecancercure@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Despite the huge cost of housing in Queensland there is still an opportunity to buy real estate within the greater Brisbane region at an extremely affordable price.
    therefore it is possible to commute to the Brisbane CBD daily for work.
    for more: where to buy cbd

    ReplyDelete
  12. My name is Perry and my father has been suffering from lung cancer and the doctor told us that there is nothing he could do after doing 5 times chemotherapy and radiation and my father was not responding to treatment and not getting better.i was frustrated and confused and seeking advice from people until a friend told me about Dr. Koffi herbal cannabis oil and its fast curing ability of any kind of cancer and told me that her mother ovarian cancer was cured with the cannabis oil. I was desperate to save my father and i contacted Dr. Koffi via email to get the miraculous oil. As i am writing this testimony on this Blog my father is so strong and healthy no more cancer in his cell blood again.my Father has been his self and i am so excited of his fast recovery and with the help of this oil. What a miracle. My Father is now back alive, strong and health just within 3 weeks. We have gone for test and the doctor said no trance of cancer again.

    You Can Contact Dr. Koffi on: Ultimatecancercure@yahoo.com
    Website:http://ultimatecancercure.wixsite.com/drkoffi
    Call +1 908-652-3147

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are top legit and 100% reliable suppliers of high quality medical marijuana, wax, shatter, cannabis oil, shakes, dabs and more cannabis products.( alexweeds00@gmail.com)

    Both sativa and indica strains available
    -sour diesel
    -white widow
    -purple kush
    -white rhino
    -master kush
    -og kush
    -moon rocks
    -northern lights
    -sky walker
    -chem og
    -ak 47
    TAGS:
    Marijuana for Sale,
    Where to buy Marijuana Online,
    Legal Marijuana for Sale,
    Buy Marijuana Online USA,
    Buy weed Deep dop,
    Dark web,
    Online Canada,
    Buy Weed Online Uk,
    Weed Shop,
    ---------------
    CONTACT INFO BELOW
    EMAIL: alexweeds00@gmail.com
    TEXT/CALL OR WHATSAPP : +1 323 696 0294
    WICKR : caregivers
    WEBSITE: www.worldcannabismarket.com
    youtube link: https://youtu.be/QKKWmM0TYgE

    ReplyDelete

  14. Get top quality marijuana, (https://www.weed-plant.org/) supplies top quality marijuana, shatter, cannabis oil and wax with amazing quality and taste. EDIBLES AND CONCENTRATES(Shatter, Wax, Hash and Cannabis oil). contact us now and place your order. the price is quite decent.
    - No medical ID card needed - Super stealth double vacuum sealed shipping to USA,UK, Europe, Canada, Austria, Australia and other countries too.
    Text or Call us :: 001 (302) 439-1358
    website: www.weed-plant.org
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete